Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Taco Tuesday!

Tonight was Taco night.....a fav in our house!  I usually make the kids a seperate skillet of beef as they do not care for onions, peppers, etc in their beef.  It usually makes enough for one more additional night during the week which is great since I am working all month!  I did use the El Paso dinner kit and I used the seasoning it came with for the kids beef.  I used a paleo recipe I found online for ours which def does not taste the same but it works!

                                 I cook our beef with bell peppers, red onion, and green onion.
Taco Seasoning Recipe:

2 T chili powder
1-1/2 T cumin
1-1/2 T paprika
1 T onion powder
1 T garlic powder
2 tsp oregano (which I left out of the picture :/)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I used crushed red pepper since I did not have red pepper flakes)


Taste it and add more seasoning...this recipe did not do it for me as far as taste...so taste and keep adding!

I made a taco salad.....bed of lettuce, beef, tomato's, jalepeno's, extra fresh onion, and topped with avocado and salsa(Publix has the best organic green wise salsa)....  Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment