Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Kale, Shitake Mushroom and Beef Soup

This recipe came from one of the many cook books I borrowed from the library.  I did not follow the recipe..at all....but it tasted pretty good!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup shallots , chopped
Stew beef cut into chunks
1/2 cups sliced Shitake Mushrooms, stems removed (I used reg mushrooms that were on sale)
1 bag of baby carrots
4 gloves garlic, minced
3 tomatoes chopped
4 cups beef broth (I had some leftover chicken broth so I added 2 cups of chicken broth in addition)
1 tsp sea salt (add more if you prefer)
1 tsp pepper (add more if you prefer)
1 tsp red pepper flakes (I added more since I love red pepper)
1/2 bag of curly kale, stems removed
1 tbsp Organic Tamari or Coconut Amino's --I used Tamari since that is all I had on hand

Throw everything except the kale into your crock pot on low heat.  Cook for 5-6 hours and add the kale the last 15 minutes and stir until tender.  Feel free to add more spices, salt, pepper, and Tamari as needed.





No comments:

Post a Comment