Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Greek Meat Surprise Snacks

I found this recipe on fastpaleo.com  I was already planning to make burgers for dinner so I figured I would use part of the meat to try these out.  I used a mini cupcake pan but you could also use a reg cupcake size.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb uncooked meat (pork, beef, lamb, combination of whatever!)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can of whole pitted black olives
  • 1c of feta cheese (I used fat free since it was on hand)
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • bunch of cherry tomatoes
  • pinch of sea salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
Stick the onion, black olives and garlic in the food processor and whizz them ’round to chop.
Add in your herbs, salt and pepper and eggs.  I added a little feta to my meat mixture.
Pour all this into a big bowl and mix it up with the minced meat until well combined.


Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and scrap out the seeds/insides using your thumb or finger nails. Don’t waste that bit – just stick the seeds and insides in with the minced meat filling.


Cut the feta into tiny pieces and stick an itty bitty block inside each cherry tomato half.
Spoon (or scoop with your hands – whatever!) the meat mixture into silicone muffin cups.

Press the cherry tomato halves on top.


Cook for about half an hour in the oven. Your time might vary –
These actually taste even nicer once they’ve cooled. So good to keep in the fridge for snacking on!

No comments:

Post a Comment