Monday, August 13, 2012

Spice it up Salmon

This recipe I got from Everyday Paleo!  I checked it out from the library and found SO many great recipes!  This one was pretty easy as I had all the ingredients on hand!  I tweaked the recipe a bit!

2 wild caught salmon fillets
2 pinches of sea salt
ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp fresh thyme (I was out so I skipped this one)
1/4 tsp ginger **I used 1 1/2 tbsp ginger**
2 pinches of cayenne pepper (I used crushed red pepper)
2 pinches of cumin
olive oil – enough to make a paste (3 tbsp aprox)




In a small bowl mix together all of your spices and olive oil.  Be sure to really smash your garlic...Justin was not home to do it for me so mine was a lil chunky but still good.


Take a baking dish or cookie sheet and place the salmon fillets skin down on a large sheet of tin foil.   Rub the spice mixture on top of the salmon fillets.



 Cook at 350 for about 30 min depending on how big your salmon is making sure it comes out moist and flaky.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment